Thursday, February 5, 2009

Warp!

Ok, so I started to putty out some of the warp and I'm actually not liking the way it is looking so far. But then and again, I've only done a very small section. I will continue the process until about 1/4 section is done and post it to get your opinion on whether I should finish it or not.

Other than that, I need a slight break from all the GD non-sense so I'm gonna paint up and finish the TS marine. Plus I've been kind of itching to play a game since I haven't played in ages. I've been running a rough list of Codex: Daemons. Nobody at the local gaming club is playing this army and I thought I'd have a shot at it.

So far my list is made up like this:

Herald of Khorne (70), Juggernaut (35), Icon (25)= 130pts.
Herald of Khorne (70), Unholy Might (15)= 85pts.

Bloodcrushers of Khorne (Unit of 7= 280), Instrument of Chaos (5)= 285pts.

Bloodletters of Khorne (Unit of 16= 256), Instrument of Chaos (5), Icon (25)= 286pts.
Bloodletters of Khorne (Unit of 15= 240), Instrument of Chaos (5)= 245pts.
Daemonettes of Slaanesh (Unit of 12=168, Instrument of Chaos (5)= 173pts.
Daemonettes of Slaanesh (Unit of 12=168, Instrument of Chaos (5)= 173pts.

Soul Grinder (135), Phlegm upgrade (25)= 160pts.
Daemon Prince (80), Mark of Khorne (15), Iron Hide(30)= 125pts.
Daemon Prince (80), Mark of Slaanesh (10), Iron Hide (30), Sporific Musk (20), Pavane of Slaanesh (30)= 170pts.

Total of 1,832 points

Group 1: Herald on Juggernaut incl./Bloodcrushers, Bloodletters w/Icon, 2 Daemon Princes

Group 2: Bloodletters unit, 2 Daemonettes Units, Soul Grinder

I'm thinking that I won't have alot of models to soak up the firepower, but if placed right, I've got 3 out of 4 units that have Iron Hide (3+ armor save) plus Inv. Svs. The only weak unit would be the bloodletters, but I'm only bringing them in because of the the icon for my other units from reserve. I could always swap out the bloodletters unit in group 1 and substitute it with the Soul Grinder as he can be atleast 36" away to use his Phlegm attaack which is Str. 8 AP 3 Blast. Thoughts?

1 comment:

jabberjabber said...

From personal experience, I've found that instruments are not worth the points on bloodletters: they either win overwhelmingly or get wiped out. Other than that, I think it looks like a reasonable build!! Have a go with the bloodletters before swapping it for another sould grinder & let us know how it works out :)